Rockdale County Board of Elections is working to make sure citizens are still able to vote as conveniently as possible during the General Primary/Nonpartisan/Special/Presidential Preference Primary occurring on June 9.
The options being offered to vote include: mail absentee ballots, in-person early voting, Saturday voting and in- person Election Day voting.
Early in-person voting will take place at 1400 Parker Road only. Election Day in-person voting will take place at the voter’s assigned polling place. For those voting in person, be prepared to wait in possibly long lines due to social distancing.
Rockdale County Board of Elections strongly encourages voters to vote by mail. Voters can obtain the request form for an absentee by mail ballot by visiting https://rockdalecountyga.gov/county-departments/board-of- elections-voter-registration/. Absentee by Mail Ballot Request can be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The June 9, election timeline is as followed:
- Tuesday, April 21 – First day ballots will be mailed to Absentee by Mail Voters
- Monday, May 11 – Voter Registration Deadline
- Monday, May 18 – Friday, June 5 – Early Voting Period at Parker Road ONLY
- Saturday, May 30 – Saturday Voting, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Friday, June 5 – Last day Absentee Ballots will be mailed
- Tuesday, June 9 – Election Day – Polls will be open 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 9 – All Mail Ballots must be returned to Board of Elections office by 7p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 11 – Runoff Election, if needed.
For more information, contact the Rockdale County Board of Elections Office at 770-278-7333.